Urology, also known as genitourinary surgery, is the branch of medicine that focuses on surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary-tract system and the male reproductive organs. Patients may be referred to a urologist if they experience problems with their bladder, urethra, ureter, and kidneys. Below are the top 5 urologists in Lahore based on internet search by users in Lahore.
What Can You Expect From A Visit To The Urologist?
Visiting a urologist for the first time can be a stressful matter. You don’t know what to expect and you have fears of finding that you have a condition.
The list below discusses the various things that might happen during your first visit to the urologist:
- Your urologist will probably need to test your urine. For this, He will require a sample of your urine. Therefore, it is advised to not go to your first meeting with an empty bladder. Testing the urine is important as that holds indicators of a lot of problems.
- You will be asked to fill in forms at your first visit. This has questions that helps the urologist better judge the extent of any issues you might have. The questions will probably ask you about your sexual activity, urination activity, and problems that you might face with urination.
- The doctor might also require a full body exam and the history of your medical problems. This will help the urologist in figuring out whether there is some other disease that is causing urinary issues. Also, keep in mind that you will have to give a description of your illnesses and provide information about the medications that you take or have taken.
- Your urologist will most likely be performing a physical examination of your nether regions. This will be to check for any physical irregularities that indicate the possibility of a disease.
- If your urologist is unsure about something, he can go for further tests. This might be some form of imaging test like sonography of the bladder. These visualisations can help in identifying some symptom or inconsistency that further explains the issue.
- At times, the urologist can require a physical exam that is a little surgical. This can be a cystoscopy which examines the functioning of the urethra and bladder.
- After examining the body and making an initial diagnosis, the urologist might give you a plan for the process towards treatment. This usually entails another visit, testing the kidneys, and/or checking the testosterone levels among other things.
Keep these pointers in mind when you go your first consultation with a urologist. These will be the basic things he will focus on to make the correct diagnosis of what’s wrong.
Now, let’s take a look at the top 5 urologists in Lahore who you can visit with to learn more about problems associated with the urinary tract.
1- Dr. Ghulam Ghous
Dr. Ghulam Ghous is a well-known and highly qualified urologist. Dr. Ghulam Ghous has the following degree(s): MBBS, FCPS. Apart from being a practitioner, he has also been working as an assistant professor in Masood Hospital, Lahore. He is currently practising in Lifeline hospital, Lahore and Masood Hospital, Lahore. You can book an appointment with him by clicking the above link.
2- Dr. Fawad Nasrullah
Dr. Fawad Nasrullah is a consultant urologist, and a specialist of male sexual health, infertility, and advanced endoscopic urology. He has 20 years of experience in medicine and surgery including 15 years of solid post-specialization experience. Dr. Fawad Nasrullah, offering patients a variety of choices for their convenience.
He performs all urological surgeries as well which include: Microsurgical varicocelectomy Microsurgical vasovasostomy and vasoepididmostomies. He is registered with PMDC and strictly follows PMDC medical ethics guidelines. He practices at Chughtai Medical Center (Jail Road) and Chughtai Medical Center (Johar Town), Lahore.
3- Dr. Safdar Khan
Dr. Safdar Khan is one of the leading Urologists of Lahore. Dr. Safdar Khan has the following degree(s): MBBS, FRCS and has 29 years of experience. His achievements and experience speak for his brilliance in the field of Urology. He currently practices in Life-line Johar Town Hospital, Lahore (from 10 AM to 10 PM) and concept fertility center, Lahore.
4- Dr. Junaid Habib Khan
Dr. Junaid Habib Khan is one of the most experience and high professional Urologist in Lahore. He did MBBS and Ms in urology and has 38 years of experience in his field. He is known for his commitment towards his field and his passion for his profession. He practices at National Hospital & Medical Centre, Lahore.
5- Dr. Muhammad Muzammil Tahir
Dr. Muhammad Muzammil Tahir is one of the best urologist in Lahore. He has done his MBBS from Quaid-e-Azam International Hospital, 1985. He did his post graduation, FCPS (Urology) from the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP), 1999. He has 32 years of experience and currently he practices at Hameed Latif Hospital, Lahore.
You can find and book an appointment with best Urologist in Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad through oladoc.com. You can also call our helpline at 042-3890-0939 for assistance to find the RIGHT Doctor for your health concerns.
For your knowledge, this listing of the top 5 urologists in Lahore was prepared in an unbiased manner with a strict adherence to the user rating received by the doctors.