0 0 0 4
icon_location
search-outline search Asset 19 Asset 2 Asset 42 Asset 49 Asset 50 Asset 44 Asset 45 Asset 62 Asset 14 Asset 37 Asset 25 Asset 26 Asset 16 calendar password lock key star-outline gender gallery icon-services experience awards education affiliations languages icon-pmdc-circle Asset 78 Asset 81 icon-services Asset 91 Asset 83 Asset 89 Asset 87
chest child cosmaetic dentist diebetic endocrionologist ent eye Gastro generalPhysician generalsurgeon gynecologist heart kidney neurologist diet-new on-new ortho pain Asset 6 Asset 5 endocrionologist Asset 4

Abilify withdrawal and Severe paranoia

Asked for Male, 32 years

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia 10 years ago, at age 17. My doctor prescribed me a medication named 'Abilify' at a dose of 30mg. I took that med for 10 years. In January 2019 I decided to quit taking 'Abilify'. Between January 2019 and June 2019, I didn't feel that something was wrong with my mental health. I was doing fine without the med. In late June 2019, I began to suffer severe paranoia like never before. How can I cope with my paranoia without taking medications?

Responses (1)
Dr. Beenish Ehsan
Family Physician - Karachi

Dear Patient,

I'm so sorry to hear that. There is a role of medication and counseling in psychological diseases. I would recommend you to consult a good psychologist in a reputable hospital who is experienced and they can guide you about managing your health and the need for medicines.

Related Questions

Asked for Male, 47 years

42 year old male. Sudden onset of anxiety and panic attacks starting late last summer/early fall. No...

Asked for Female, 26 years

I need help. For about a year now I have been struggling with continous symptons but I do not know ...

Asked for Male, 66 years

Currently, my father is suffering from schizophrenia. He's getting worse. The issue is he' s not tak...

Asked for Female, 28 years

Every few months or so (usually as a precursor to my period) I have bouts of deja vu/deja reve, foll...

Asked for Male, 8 years

My child is 3 years old and he always has been an outgoing and a very social child, he was quite att...

Asked for Female, 39 years

I am 14 weeks pregnant and recently have gone through MacDonald cerclage Dr advised for complete bed...