no 2.26MB 0.1283 5
icon_location
search-outline search Asset 19 Asset 2 Asset 42 Asset 49 Asset 50 Asset 44 Asset 45 Asset 62 Asset 14 Asset 37 Asset 25 Asset 26 Asset 16 calendar password lock key star-outline gender gallery icon-services experience awards education affiliations languages icon-pmdc-circle Asset 78 Asset 81 icon-services Asset 91 Asset 83 Asset 89 Asset 87
chest child cosmaetic dentist diebetic endocrionologist ent eye Gastro generalPhysician generalsurgeon gynecologist heart kidney neurologist diet-new on-new ortho pain Asset 6 Asset 5 endocrionologist Asset 4

Depression Problem

Asked for Female, 29 years

My friend takes Sertraline 100 mg for her depression problem. She has been taking it for 15 days now and so far, there is no improvement in her anxiety and the condition has remained the same. Along with that, the tanning of her skin is the same. I want to ask that when will this medicine work and for how long she should take this medicine?

Responses (1)
Dr. Beenish Ehsan
General Physician - Karachi

Dear Patient,

Antidepressants take up to 6weeks to show any visible difference. Anxiety is a difficult condition to control. Medicine alone may not be the answer. Many people find counselling therapy sessions with psychologists to be helpful. This takes a long time depending on the issue and is a little pricey but mental health is worth it. Over time one can see its benefits and reap the rewards of their hard work.
I'm not sure what you mean by tanning of the skin and what treatments have you taken for it. Was this medication supposed to cure skin color inconsistency? In my knowledge tanning takes time.

For further help, we recommend checking with one of the
best psychiatrists in Karachi and seek a piece of in-person advice at https://oladoc.com/pakistan/karachi/psychiatrist

You can seek help from the doctors listed below.

Dr.Haider Ali Naqvi
Psychiatrist
Karachi
Dr.Wasim Ikram Alvi
Psychiatrist
Karachi
Dr.Masoodul Hasan
Psychiatrist
Karachi
Dr.Jawed Akbar Dars
Psychiatrist
Karachi

Related Questions

Asked for Male, 46 years

42 year old male. Sudden onset of anxiety and panic attacks starting late last summer/early fall. No...

Asked for Female, 25 years

I need help. For about a year now I have been struggling with continous symptons but I do not know ...

Asked for Male, 65 years

Currently, my father is suffering from schizophrenia. He's getting worse. The issue is he' s not tak...

Asked for Female, 27 years

Every few months or so (usually as a precursor to my period) I have bouts of deja vu/deja reve, foll...

Asked for Male, 7 years

My child is 3 years old and he always has been an outgoing and a very social child, he was quite att...

Asked for Female, 38 years

I am 14 weeks pregnant and recently have gone through MacDonald cerclage Dr advised for complete bed...