search-outline search Asset 19 Asset 2 Asset 42 Asset 49 Asset 50 Asset 44 Asset 45 Asset 62 Asset 14 Asset 37 Asset 25 Asset 26 Asset 16 calendar password lock key star-outline gender gallery icon-services experience awards education affiliations languages icon-pmdc-circle Asset 78 Asset 81 icon-services Asset 91 Asset 83 Asset 89 Asset 87
chest child cosmaetic dentist diebetic endocrionologist ent eye Gastro generalPhysician generalsurgeon gynecologist heart kidney neurologist diet-new on-new ortho pain Asset 6 Asset 5 endocrionologist Asset 4

IBS Problem

Asked for Male, 23 years

A few years ago my brother was diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). The condition gets severe sometimes, especially in Ramzan. The physician at that time said it has no treatment. What to do? Is there any treatment? If yes where? If no, what precaution should be taken to avoid its severity?

Responses (1)
Dr. Beenish Ehsan
Family Physician - Karachi

Dear Patient,

I'm so sorry to hear that. There is no fixed cure for it but there are medicines that can be given to improve symptoms like bloating, stomachache, etc. You will need to consult a gastroenterologist.
A nutritionist can guide you extremely well for the exact diet plan that can suit him and help him lead a better life. Avoid trigger foods, they vary between patients- it could be beef, spices, channa etc.

For further consultation, you can choose from our list of best Gastroenterologists in Lahore and seek in-person advice.

Dr.Mujahid Israr
Consultant Physician, Diabetologist, Gastroenterologist, General Physician, Internal Medicine Specialist
Dr.Mehreen Zaman Niazi
Gastroenterologist, Hepatologist

Related Questions

Asked for Female, 59 years

I want to ask how often should an endoscopy (band ligation) is to be done on the patient of CLD who ...

Asked for Female, 9 years

My 9 years daughter has abdomen pain for 13 days. Doctor investigate all the blood test Alt LFT Cp s...

Asked for Male, 31 years

My feet burn alot although I drink lots of water. Drink Lussi in sehri but this problem remains whol...

Asked for Male, 34 years

I have too much gastric issue whenever I eat something I start gastric problem. Through this, I am u...

Asked for Male, 65 years

Respected Dr, Greeting of the day, Hope to find you hearty enough, I am here to ask regarding As...

Asked for Female, 23 years

I had a stomach problem after eating dinner at a wedding. Went to the dr. & got the medicines as wel...