0 0 0 5
icon_location
search-outline search Asset 19 Asset 2 Asset 42 Asset 49 Asset 50 Asset 44 Asset 45 Asset 62 Asset 14 Asset 37 Asset 25 Asset 26 Asset 16 calendar password lock key star-outline gender gallery icon-services experience awards education affiliations languages icon-pmdc-circle Asset 78 Asset 81 icon-services Asset 91 Asset 83 Asset 89 Asset 87
chest child cosmaetic dentist diebetic endocrionologist ent eye Gastro generalPhysician generalsurgeon gynecologist heart kidney neurologist diet-new on-new ortho pain Asset 6 Asset 5 endocrionologist Asset 4

Milk discharges from Breast

Asked for Female, 39 years

It’s been 8 years since I stopped breastfeeding my child. In all these 8 years I have had milk discharge from my breasts off and on. I consulted different doctors at different times regarding this issue. Almost all of them asked me to get my prolactin level checked. Everytime the results came out to be normal. Still they used to give me medicine for prolactin. After taking that medicine the milk discharge used to stop for a few months but it always starts again after sometime.

Responses (1)
Dr. Beenish Ehsan
General Physician - Karachi

Dear Patient,

Milk production and discharge are related to excess prolactin levels. Hence even if the levels are normal, the doctors choose to treat it.
You can discuss your case with a breast surgeon, who can run some tests and see if there is any issue in the breast causing this however most probably the only way forward would be to check and treat prolactin levels.

For further help, we recommend checking with one of the
best breast surgeons in Karachi and seek a piece of in-person advice at https://oladoc.com/pakistan/karachi/breast-surgeon

You can seek help from the doctors listed below:

Prof. Dr.Bushra Shirazi
General Surgeon, Laparoscopic Surgeon, Breast Surgeon
Karachi
Dr.Lubna Mushtaq
Breast Surgeon
Karachi
Dr.Lubna Mushtaq Vohra
General Surgeon, Breast Surgeon, Reconstructive Surgeon
Karachi
Dr.Atiya Afaque Hussain
Plastic Surgeon, Breast Surgeon
Karachi

Related Questions

Asked for Female, 37 years

My friend is having pain in breast from last 2 months. Pain comes on hands also. So which test she s...

Asked for Female, 30 years

I wanted to discuss an issue which I have been facing since 4-5 years. I have been feeling some sort...