search-outline search Asset 19 Asset 2 Asset 42 Asset 49 Asset 50 Asset 44 Asset 45 Asset 62 Asset 14 Asset 37 Asset 25 Asset 26 Asset 16 calendar password lock key star-outline gender gallery icon-services experience awards education affiliations languages icon-pmdc-circle Asset 78 Asset 81 icon-services Asset 91 Asset 83 Asset 89 Asset 87
chest child cosmaetic dentist diebetic endocrionologist ent eye Gastro generalPhysician generalsurgeon gynecologist heart kidney neurologist diet-new on-new ortho pain Asset 6 Asset 5 endocrionologist Asset 4

Bartholin's cyst

Asked for Female, 28 years

I have Bartholin's cyst. It is very painful when I walk and sit. I am taking medication prescribed by physician doc but they aren't having much effect. Should I visit a gynecologist or a dermatologist? Also some remedy for time being. Thank you.

Responses (1)
General Physician - Karachi

Dear Patient,

Kindly visit a gynecologist for this.bartholin cysts hurt when infected. The fluid needs to drain to help your pain relief. Try Soaking in a tub filled with a few inches of warm water (sitz bath) several times a day for three or four days may help a small, infected cyst to rupture and drain on its own.
If not you may need it to be drained manually or with antibiotics

You can choose from a detailed list of Doctors treating this condition from the following link:

You can seek further professional help from the below recommended Specialists:

Gynecologist, Obstetrician
Gynecologist, Obstetrician
Obstetrician, Gynecologist
Gynecologist, Obstetrician

Related Questions

Asked for Female, 31 years

Good day! I was diagnosed with PCOS last year after Ramadhan I took Duphaston for 3 months and then ...

Asked for Female, 27 years

My daughter is 17 months old and on breastfeed and I'm again pregnant. Can I continue or stop feedin...

Asked for Female, 26 years

I have a severe infection with white discharge. and it's my six months of pregnancy. My gynecologist...

Asked for Female, 19 years

I got my last periods in December and haven't got any further after that I feel pain in my pelvic so...

Asked for Female, 32 years

Using cran max,canesten cream & roxvita tab for dealing yeast infection since 2 days. All in vain ye...

Asked for Female, 32 years

I use primolute-n for 4 months as suggested by my gynecologist. Now I got alot of facial hairs what ...