search-outline search Asset 19 Asset 2 Asset 42 Asset 49 Asset 50 Asset 44 Asset 45 Asset 62 Asset 14 Asset 37 Asset 25 Asset 26 Asset 16 calendar password lock key star-outline gender gallery icon-services experience awards education affiliations languages icon-pmdc-circle Asset 78 Asset 81 icon-services Asset 91 Asset 83 Asset 89 Asset 87
chest child cosmaetic dentist diebetic endocrionologist ent eye Gastro generalPhysician generalsurgeon gynecologist heart kidney neurologist diet-new on-new ortho pain Asset 6 Asset 5 endocrionologist Asset 4

Food Allergy

Asked for Female, 26 years

Salam, I am having a severe allergy to meat, packed masalas, oil. Sometimes I have noticed wheat also triggers me. As soon as I eat, I badly start itching, my whole body swells up and red patches appear on arms and legs. Upon taking Telfast, I settle down in 10–15 minutes. But the minute I eat something which triggers allergy I swell up like a balloon. Guide me whom should I visit for a proper checkup in Karachi? Which tests should be done?

Responses (1)
Dr. Beenish Ehsan
Family Physician - Karachi

Dear Patient,

I'm sorry to hear that. You need to go to an allergen specialist. Aga khan and a few other labs have specialised tests for food allergies, however since you have identified your trigger foods then you now further need treatment. We wish you a speedy recovery.

For further consultation, you can choose from our list of best Internal Medicine Specialists in Karachi and seek in-person advice.

Dr. Sana Azhar
Family Physician, General Physician, Hypertension Specialist, Internal Medicine Specialist
Dr.S. Nosheen Zehra
Internal Medicine Specialist

Related Questions

Asked for Female, 32 years

32F, 5'2, 108lb, Celiac diagnosis; want to know if I should get a second opinion on the following sy...

Asked for Female, 92 years

My elderly mother has been taking Donepezil for almost 4 years now. She is 92 now. When she firs...

Asked for Male, 22 years

I have some kind on uneasiness in the front part of my tongue, its not sore, its irritative and bit ...

Asked for Female, 28 years

I want to ask whom should I consult for this issue. My hands and feet are always burning. I mean the...

Asked for Female, 56 years

My mother has a problem of numbness of fingers since one & half year What is the most probable rea...

Asked for Male, 32 years

Dear Sir, My wife cannot take any type of medicine. as soon as she takes medicine, her heartbeat slo...