no 2.77MB 0.1048 5
icon_location
search-outline search Asset 19 Asset 2 Asset 42 Asset 49 Asset 50 Asset 44 Asset 45 Asset 62 Asset 14 Asset 37 Asset 25 Asset 26 Asset 16 calendar password lock key star-outline gender gallery icon-services experience awards education affiliations languages icon-pmdc-circle Asset 78 Asset 81 icon-services Asset 91 Asset 83 Asset 89 Asset 87
chest child cosmaetic dentist diebetic endocrionologist ent eye Gastro generalPhysician generalsurgeon gynecologist heart kidney neurologist diet-new on-new ortho pain Asset 6 Asset 5 endocrionologist Asset 4

Mild Arthritis

Asked for Female, 50 years

My mother has mild arthritis in left knee. Intense pain in her both calves at the entire length including the right one which don't have arthritis. While she is having difficulty in movement and can't sit wait for long, we can't get her to clinic currently, so any home based remedy, exercise, or anything to manage the pain to some extent, except pain killers? And if possible any prolonged natural treatment or exercises? Will physiotherapy methods like ultrasound waves, infrared etc work?

Responses (1)
Dr. Beenish Ehsan
General Physician - Karachi

Dear Patient,

I'm sorry to hear this. There are many medications that are available to ease and relieve the pain of arthritis. There are also intra-articular steroid injections available. However these you will have to take in clinic. Till then take 1 tablet brexin in morning and 1 at night.
Physiotherapy will definitely make a difference and many hospitals supply physiotherapists at home who can do the treatment at home.
It's best if you meet with an orthopedic or rheumatologist.
Take 1 Cap Cartigen 500mg daily. This is a supplement that helps strengthen the weak arthritis areas.

For further help, we recommend checking with one of the
best rheumatologists in Lahore and seek a piece of in-person advice at https://oladoc.com/pakistan/lahore/rheumatologist

You can seek help from the doctors listed below:

Dr.Aflak Rasheed
Rheumatologist
Lahore
Prof. Dr.Sumaira Farman Raja
Rheumatologist
Lahore
Dr.Masem Afzal
Rheumatologist
Lahore
Dr.Aamir Saeed
Rheumatologist
Lahore

Related Questions

Asked for Female, 27 years

I get full body pins and needles when I'm on my period (3days post start through 3 days post end) an...

Asked for Male, 34 years

This is predominantly on my right foot, but my ring toe spreads away from the rest of my toes on its...

Asked for Male, 41 years

I want to test my URIC acid levels, want to know that is it recommended to go through this test whil...

Asked for Male, 64 years

My father age 60. Is having restless legs syndrome He did some basic tests to know the reason but ...

Asked for Male, 59 years

My father is a heart patient and he is diabetic as well. Recently he is diagnosed with inflammatory ...

Asked for Female, 27 years

I'm 23 years old and have normal weight according to BMI. From the last few months (4-5 months I f...