search-outline search Asset 19 Asset 2 Asset 42 Asset 49 Asset 50 Asset 44 Asset 45 Asset 62 Asset 14 Asset 37 Asset 25 Asset 26 Asset 16 calendar password lock key star-outline gender gallery icon-services experience awards education affiliations languages icon-pmdc-circle Asset 78 Asset 81 icon-services Asset 91 Asset 83 Asset 89 Asset 87
chest child cosmaetic dentist diebetic endocrionologist ent eye Gastro generalPhysician generalsurgeon gynecologist heart kidney neurologist diet-new on-new ortho pain Asset 6 Asset 5 endocrionologist Asset 4

Suffering from Cough

Asked for Male, 2 years

My son is suffering from cough since a couple of days. He has been nebulized with normal saline but it didn’t work don't and he is irritated. Need a permanent solution?

Responses (1)
General Physician - Karachi

Dear Patient,

Coughing takes a couple of weeks to settle.
You can give him 1 tsp of syrup Zyrtec before bedtime ONLY for one week. Nebulize with 1cc Atom/Atrovent in 1cc saline up to three times a day. Avoid cold and sour foods. Make sure the child isn’t allergic to dust or any animal feathers/hair causing these issues. If the problem persists, consult with a paediatric in the clinic.

For further help, we recommend checking with one of the
best ENT specialists in Lahore and seek a piece of in-person advice at

You can seek help from the doctors listed below

ENT Specialist
ENT Specialist, ENT Surgeon
ENT Specialist
ENT Surgeon, ENT Specialist

Related Questions

Asked for Female, 7 years

The daughter of my brother came yesterday from Germany and she’s feeling too much pain in her righ...

Asked for Male, 33 years

Having a sore throat and noticed a pea sized lump behind my ear(immovable) day before yesterday. No...

Asked for Female, 22 years

I am having a sore on the floor of my mouth for almost a week now. From the looks of it has a large ...

Asked for Female, 54 years

My mother is suffering from vertigo from the last couple of years. The problem gets worse when she t...

Asked for Female, 16 years

I had been having severe flu from December.I visited a doctor and he prescribed me the medicine card...

Asked for Female, 30 years

Continuous ear pain (both) with buzzing type sounds from 3 weeks and some times have blocked ear fee...