The Sehat Insaf Card promises to be a game-changer in healthcare for needy people across Pakistan. If you are unaware of the sehat card read this article to find out all you need to know about the card, how to apply for it, and use it in Pakistan!
Table of Contents
What is the Sehat Insaf Card?
The Sehat Insaf Card is a health card launched by the Punjab government to provide free-of-cost healthcare services to low-income households across Punjab.
Undoubtedly this is a big step in the right direction to help the poor citizens of Pakistan get access to affordable healthcare which they so desperately need.
Using the Sehat Card, eligible families will be able to avail free medical treatment of up to 1 million (10 lakh) rupees per year!
The PTI government is doing wonders to make health affordable for everyone, especially the poor population of Pakistan under the Sehat Sahulat Program. The latest initiative announced by PM Imran Khan himself is the launch of the Sehat Insaf Card/ Qaumi Sehat Card for the entire population of Punjab.
When Was the Sehat Card Announced?
Prime Minister Imran Khan officially announced the launch of the Qaumi Sehat Card (National Health Card) for the people of Punjab on Dec 13, 2021, in a speech he gave at Governor House, Lahore.
The Sehat Sahulat Program currently covers 29 districts of Punjab as well as 7 districts of Dera Ghazi Khan and Sahiwal divisions according to the Punjab Health Initiative Management Company website.
The Prime Minister expressed his immense pleasure in launching the Qaumi Sehat Card/Sehat Sahulat Card for the entire population of Punjab. He lauded the efforts of Dr. Yasmeen Rashid and Chief Minister Usman Buzdar on this occasion.
PM Imran Khan said in his speech that when his mother got sick with cancer he truly felt hopeless and distraught that proper treatment for cancer wasn’t available in Pakistan. He got to know firsthand what it feels like to have a family member go through that pain knowing that there isn’t any proper health care available.
PM Khan expressed his sympathy for the poor Pakistani population and the struggles they go through in search of healthcare services that can be hard for them to afford.
After the sad demise of her mother, he launched the Shaukat Khanum Hospital in Pakistan to provide needy people with free-of-cost treatment for cancer. He had the vision to have health insurance in place that needy people could benefit from if they or their family members got ill.
With the same ideology in mind, the Punjab government now seeks to provide even more affordable healthcare services throughout Punjab with the Sehat Card or Health Card.
He said a budget of nearly 440 billion rupees has been allocated for this purpose. PM Imran Khan announced that come March 2022 all eligible families in the province of Punjab would be allotted this card which they would then be able to use as health insurance.
How to Apply for Sehat Insaf Card in Pakistan
Following are the steps to apply for and use the sehat insaf card:
- Check your sehat card eligibility by sending your National Identity Card Number (NIC number) to 8500 via SMS. You can also regsiter yourself for the card by downloading the Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card App.
- In case you are eligible, you can get your sehat insaf card from the respective Sehat Insaf Card distribution center in your district
- Make sure you have all the required documents on hand when you visit an empanelled hospital for treatment through the Sehat Insaf Card. You must have the Sehat Card, Original National Identity Card, and B-Form (for treatment of children) with you.
- Visit the hospital and go to the Sehat Sahulat Programme (SSP) counter to get your Sehat Insaf Card verified.
- Get free of cost treatment with the Sehat Insaf Card! Note that the cost of the treatment will only be charged from the Sehat Insaf Card if a patient has been admitted in the hospital
- Following your treatment you can provide your feedback by calling 0800-09009. The SSP staff may also call you in this regard to inquire about your experience.
Dr. Yasmin Rashid on Twitter stated that it is necessary that you and your entire family are registered in NADRA as these cards will be distributed among the heads of the families.
What are the Benefits of the Sehat Insaf Card?
The Sehat Insaf Card aims to provide many benefits for the needy people of Punjab:
- Free of cost emergency services
- Free of cost maternity services
- Free of cost surgical procedures
- Free of cost hospitalization
- Free consultations and follow ups
- Transportation coverage
Treatment Packages For Sehat Insaf Card Holders Under the Sehat Sahulat Program
There are two types of benefit packages according to the Sehat Sahulat program’s official website:
1. Priority Disease Treatment Package
Under this package, all cardholders are initially allotted Rs. 300,000 per family, annually with additional coverage of Rs. 300,000 if necessary. This package also covers treatment for some specific types of diseases including:
- Heart diseases
- Chronic diseases like tuberculosis, hepatitis B and C, HIV, chronic liver disease
- Burns and accidents
- Treatment for cancer including chemotherapy, surgery, radiotherapy
- Neurosurgical procedures
- Organ faliure management
2. Secondary Care Treatment Package
Under this package, the sehat insaf cardholder is eligible to receive up to Rs. 60,000 of coverage per family, annually. A further Rs. 60,000 coverage will be provided if required. The package covers:
- All types of illnesses
- All surgical illnesses
- Maternity services including C-Section, and normal delivery
- Patients can avail transport services max 3 times a year of up to Rs. 1000 per discharge from the hospital
- If a beneficiary dies in the empanallend hospital his/her family is eligible to receive Rs. 10,000 as burial support
List of Empanelled Hospitals in Punjab Where You Can Use the Sehat Insaf Card
Under the Sehat Sahulat Program, there is a preordained list of hospitals where sehat insaf cardholders can go to and avail free healthcare services. Some notable panel hospitals in the major cities of Lahore, Rawalpindi, Multan, Faisalabad, and Gujranwala include:
- Surgimed Hospital
- Aadil Hospital
- Fatima Memorial Hospital Lahore
- Gulab Devi Hospital
- Sharif Hospital
- Punjab Institute Of Cardiology
- Orthopedic Medical Complex
- Arif Memorial Hospital
- Avicenna Hospital
- Bahria Orchard Hospital Lahore
Ch Fawad Hussain on Twitter shared the full list of 136 panel hospitals in Lahore for beneficiaries of the Sehat Insaf Card. Here is his tweet:
- Al-Khidmat Razi Hospital Syed Pur
- Islamic Internation Medical College Trust
- Bahria International Hospital
- Christian Hospital
- Minsa Medical Center
- Sadaqat International Hospital Kahuta
- Rawalpindi Institute Of Cardiology
- Al-Syed Hospital
- Al Shahbaz Medical Complex Hospital
- Islamic Internation Medical College Trust
- Ali General Hospital Multan
- South Punjab Chest Clinic
- Ibn-E-Sina Hospital And Research Institute
- Bakhtawar Amin Hospital
- Aziz Hospital
- Shahzad Surgical Hospital
- Al Khaliq Patients Care
- Khurshid Rafique Hospital
- Al-Rehman Surgical Hospital
- Multan Surgical Hospital
- Mujahid Hospital Faisalabad
- Rathore Hospital
- Khair Un Nisa Hospital
- Fazal Ellahi Chatta Hospital
- Sughran Siddique Hospital
- Aslam Memorial Zakria Hospital
- Pinum Hospital
- Abu Bakar Clinic
- Maqsooda Zia Hospital
- Faisalabad International Hospital
- Fatima Bashir Hospital
- Iqra Medical Complex
- Butt Eye Hospital
- Muhammad Islam Teaching Hospital
- Salamat Hospital And Health Care Center
- Abdullah Medical Complex
- Rathore Institute Of Eye And Medical Complex
- Wazirabad Institute Of Cardiology
Click the link to check the full list of covered hospitals in various districts of Punjab!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. I am ineligible for the Sehat Insaf Card. What should I do?
You can call 0800-09009 to ask the SSP team about your eligibility status, criteria, and any errors due to which you might have been deemed ineligible.
Q2. May I use a Sehat Card that is in my parents’ name?
Yes, you can but only if you are unmarried. If you are married then your parents’ card will not apply to you.
Q3. Can I get payment against my card if I do not use it for any medical treatment?
No. You cannot receive payment for unused funds under the sehat sahulat program. You can only use your health cards at the designated hospitals for the covered healthcare services and hospitalization.
Q4. How do I register for the Sehat Insaf Card?
Send your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) number by SMS to 8500 to check your eligibility and register for the Sehat Insaf Card.
Q5. Can I register for the Sehat Insaf Card through an app?
Yes. You can download the “Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card” app which has been developed by Punjab IT Board to facilitate people in getting their health cards. People are advised to get the app for the purpose of sehat card registration.
Q6. Who is eligible for Sehat Insaf Card?
Everyone citizen in Punjab who is registered by NADRA should be eligible for the Sehat Insaf Card. According to Dr. Yasmin Rashid, “this facility is for everyone.”
Q7. How can I apply for the Sehat Insaf Card online?
To check your eligibility and apply online click the following link: Sehat Insaf Card Check Online.
Q8. Why I am not eligible for Sehat Insaf Card?
If you are not a permanent resident of Punjab, or other areas like KP, AJK, GB and District Tharparkar that fall under the umbrella of the Sehat Insaf Card according to NADRA CNIC, then you will be deemed ineligible to avail this facility.
Q9. How many times can I avail free medical treatment with Sehat Insaf Card?
According to Sehat Sahulat Program, every family can get priority health care services of up to Rs. 400,000 and secondary health care services of up to Rs. 60,000 using the Sehat Insaf Card. You can use the Sehat Card as many times as you can till this limit expires. This coverage can be further extended to Rs. 1,000,000 in some cases.
Contact Sehat Sahulat Program
For more details regarding the Punjab health card, you can contact Sehat Sahulat Program’s staff via:
- Call: 0800-09009
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Update on Sehat Card (2022)
As of February 20, 2022, 763,000 (Seven Lakh Sixty Three Thousand) people in Pakistan have used the Sehat Insaf Card to get free medical treatment. After receiving treatment, patients also provide their valuable feedback. Dr. Yasmin Rashid has shared that the satisfaction rate derived through this feedback till now is 98.5%. She shared the news in a video posted on Twitter.
With such a high satisfaction rate it seems as though the Sehat Insaf Card has proven to be a remarkable success thus far. Let’s hope more such initiatives are announced for the Pakistani people in future for more affordable and accessible healthcare.
Sehat Card Live Updates
Get live updates on the Sehat Card right here as they happen. These can include major breakthroughs, statistics, issues, distribution updates, and other information.
Mar 31, 2022 – It was announced through a tweet by PTIs official twitter account that the Sehat Insaf Card facility has been successfully provided to the entire population of Punjab.
- Mar 15, 2022 – Dr. Yasmin Rashid stated in a meeting that Punjab’s cancer hospitals are being empanelled in the Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card Program.
- Mar 9, 2022 – The number of Sehat Card users from Punjab in February 2022 was over 118,000. This is a 90% increase from January 2022. Around 852,397 people in Punjab have used the Sehat Insaf Card till now.
- February 10, 2022 – Around 62,837 people from Punjab used the Sehat Card in January 2022.