According to top gastroenterologists in Pakistan, healthy gut is very important for your overall well being. When your digestive system is unhealthy, toxins and bad bacteria can build up, and this will affect the ability of your gut to transform what you consume into healthy body tissues.
When your digestion slows down, pathogens will have a better chance of thriving, and this may make you more susceptible to illnesses and allergies.
Digestive enzymes can sometimes prove to be great in the short term, and can particularly help those who lack a gallbladder or have pancreatitis. However, it is not a good idea to make your body dependent on digestive enzymes. You should instead try to increase your digestion power naturally.
Liver and gallbladder also play an important role here. Bile is also very important for proper digestion and if it is too thick or the flow is improper, the gallbladder can get congested and this can ultimately mess with the flow of your body’s natural digestive enzymes. A proper bile flow will help your body access its own enzymes and maintain digestive health. Here are some ways to improve bile flow in your body:
- Drinking a glass of warm water with a pinch of ground cayenne pepper or cinnamon before a meal can boost the digestive process naturally and encourage enzyme release.
- Fermented foods are also a great pick as they have naturally occurring probiotics and enzymes. You can enjoy them with your meals. Yogurt, pickles, and sauerkraut will not just aid in digestion, they will also enhance the taste of your meal.
- Another simple remedy for boosting the digestive system is to enjoy fenugreek tea before meals as it can decongest the bile ducts and help with normal bile flow. Fenugreek is high in antioxidants and can help the body flush out harmful toxins.
- Leafy green vegetables are also great for remedying the problems associated with toxic bile. Leafy greens also contain a kind of sugar that is good for healthy gut bacteria. Apart from that, beets are also great for gut health as they are fibrous and can feed the friendly gut bacteria.
- Drinking a glass of water about half an hour between meals can help your stomach produce more hydrochloric acid, and increase the flow of pancreatic enzymes and bile.
- As the old adage goes, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apples are also great for liver stagnation, which can affect bile flow. Apple contains malic acid which can dissolve gallstones. Additionally, apple also contains pectin, which is a type of soluble fiber that can improve digestion and help the body get rid of cholesterol and toxins.
In addition to eating more of the foods that are good for your digestive health, there are some foods you should avoid for good digestion. If you feel you have digestive problems, consult your doctor right away. You can find and book an appointment with a top Gastroenterologist in Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad through oladoc.com. You can also call our helpline at 042-3250-044 for assistance to find the RIGHT Doctor for your health concerns.