Depression is a common and major mental illness that negatively affects how you feel, act and think. People who suffer from depression experience feelings of emptiness, sadness and a loss of excitement in the activities once enjoyed. It is difficult to know if depression is caused by hormonal, philosophical or genetic causes or a mixture of all three, though, fortunately it is treatable. Here are some of our tips that can help you cope with depression by adopting a different mindset and lifestyle:
Here’s how to leave depression behind and start a new life.
If You Are Going Through Hell, Keep Going:
Everybody goes through some major stress at some point in their lives, some have it worse than others. Here are the Golden rules to keep going.
- Take one step at a time.
- Never stop moving forward.
- Remember no matter how bad it is, it’ll pass.
- You just have to breathe and keep moving forward
- Remember there is always the brightest day after the darkest night.
Don’t Compare Yourself to Others:
Everybody has their own pace, their own time. Don’t look at other people your age and mess up your self-esteem because you feel like they have more than you do. It’s okay to set your own pace.
- Focus on being a better person and success will follow.
- If you have to be successful, you have to conquer your fears.
- Take that leap of faith and see where it leads you.
- Remember you can’t always play safe and achieve something great.
Sooner or later you have to take a risk and you have to decide if it is worth it.
This is something everybody tells you to do; set goals, but no one really tells you how.
- Take out a pen and a paper.
- Write on it everything you want to do in life. Every single thing, from where you want to be in 10 years to the craziest things on your bucket list.
- Write it all down and then give it a number according to your priority. Give every single thing on your list a thought.
- Reflect on what truly matters in life and get going.
Life is hard and sometimes become too overwhelming, but remember that reaching out for help is always an option. Seeking professional help doesn’t make you weak. Let go of the stigma around reaching out for mental health issues and prioritize your mental health.
Your mental health matters. You can book an appointment with a top Psychologist in Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi through oladoc.com, or call our helpline at 042-3890-0939 for assistance to find the RIGHT Doctor for all your mental health struggles.